School ethos and values
Our Aim is to ensure children:
- Achieve the best they can in everything they do
- Have high self esteem
- Become confident, independent, imaginative and creative learners.
- Work with others in a collaborative and positive way.
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing a quality curriculum, which involves all the learning experiences offered to pupils throughout their school life. This includes the taught lessons during the day, home activities, a range of extra-curricular opportunities, outdoor experiences and educational visits.
Through our curriculum we aim to provide the required skills and knowledge together with the personal qualities needed for success in a rapidly changing world.
In our work with children, we aim
- to make learning a stimulating, challenging and enjoyable experience
- to provide a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum that motivates children to learn more.
- to make the development of literacy, numeracy and communication skills central to the whole curriculum
- to provide spiritual, cultural and emotional experiences to develop children's understanding of the world we live in and of their part in it.
- to work together to develop an understanding of the part they can all play in a sustainable world.
- to provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils and staff to work in.
- to help pupils to improve their learning by taking responsibility for their own progress and actively striving to do their best at all times.
- to build and maintain a partnership between the school, home and the community, which promotes and supports the raising of achievement and the pursuit of excellence.
- to work towards the highest standards of achievement and excellence.
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by:
- Continuously striving for improvement in all that we do
- Working collaboratively towards common goals
- Working with a wide range of people and organisations.